Caring for your Wire Wrapped and Handmade Jewelry Pieces
Taking care of you new jewelry is very important to keep everything looking as good as it did the day you opened your box! Here are some tips to help you keep your pieces looking new:
- Do not wear your wire wrapped jewelry in the shower, remove to wash your hands and to work out. This will cause the plating to wear off much quicker. (Stainless steel rings are okay.)
- Try to avoid lotions and oils coming in contact with your jewelry.
- You will receive a polishing cloth with your pieces. Use it when you feel your pieces need extra shine.
- Bare copper and silver fill wire will slowly patina/darken/oxidize over time. You can restore some of the shine by using the polishing cloth or by purchasing Pro Polish Pads*.
- For polymer clay pieces, please try to be gentle with them so they do not break.
- Resin jewelry and paper star jewelry are waterproof, but do not try to test the theory or you will find out.
- If you have jewelry with opals, please try not to get them too wet. Opals can absorb water which can, over time, cause their unique structure to break down and it can lose it's luster. If you do get an opal sumberged for more than a few minutes, remove it immediately and place it in a place to dry. (I've heard rice can work but I have not tried it myself so I can't verify.)
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!